Friday, May 22, 2015

Incompetent Cervix - the past 30 days

With this 5th post, I'll hopefully get my story up-to-date!

It's been about 30 days since I came home from the hospital. I've been out of work and on bed rest/taking it easy/couch potato mode ever since. Only leaving home for my doctors appointments and occasional quick trip to Target or Starbucks for the sake of my own sanity. 

I have had weekly cervical length checks and OB visits through 24 weeks. My length has remained between 1.1-2.0cm each week until this past week. It was .89-.98. The doctor did not seemed concerned and I'm hoping it was just a fluke and praying for a better measure next week. 

I'll be switched to bi-weekly length checks and OB visits until, I believe they said 28-30 weeks.

In the middle of this week I received the two beta methasone injections to mature the baby's lungs. 

Today I am 24w5d! 24 weeks being the point of viability, the point at which they feel comfortable resuscitating the baby if he is born this early. 

Do I want him to be born this early? Of course not! Do I worry a little less about it each day? Yep. I'm so very thankful that we live just minutes from the women's hospital and exceptional doctors and nurses. At my last OB visit I told the doctor, I have no complaints, I am happy to still be pregnant, and happy about each week I get to come back here. 

So what's next?

5/24/15 - 25 weeks milestone!
5/26/15 - next length check
5/31/15 - 26 weeks!!
6/2/15 - baby growth scan 

Thank you for reading and feel free to send me a message if you have any thoughts or questions! I hope these posts may help someone who has just been diagnosed or is not quite as far along as me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment